Welcome to my website
On my website you will find information about my research group, contents related to my current work, biographic data, links to other interesting websites and of course you can contact me. Just use the menu on the left.
Recent Research Activities and Selected Papers
34. Nucleoside macrocycles formed by intramolecular click reaction: efficient cyclization of pyrimidine nucleosides decorated with 5'-azido residues and 5-octadiynyl side chains by
J. Liu, P. Leonard, S. L. Müller, C. Daniliuc and F. Seela, Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2018, 14, 2404.
33. 5-Aza-7-deaza-2'-deoxyguanosine and 2'-deoxycytidine form programmable silver-mediated base pairs with metal ions in the core of the DNA double helix by
X. Guo, P. Leonard, S. A. Ingale, J. Liu, H. Mei, M. Sieg and F. Seela, Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 8883.
32. Anomeric 2'-deoxycytidines and silver ions: hybrid base pairs with greatly enhanced stability and efficient DNA mismatch detection with alpha-dC by
X. Guo and F. Seela, Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 11776.
31. Supramolecular isoguanosine assemblies form hydrogels with excellent long-term stability by
H. Zhao, A. H. Schäfer and F. Seela, ChemPlusChem 2017, 82, 778.
30. "Bis-click ligation of DNA: template-controlled assembly, circularization and functionalization with bifunctional and trifunctional azides by
H. Yang and F. Seela, Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 3375.
29. Circular DNA by “bis-click” ligation: template independent intramolecular circularization of oligonucleotides with terminal alkynyl groups
utilizing bifunctional azides by
H. Yang and F. Seela, Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 1435.
28. Robust silver-mediated imidazolo-dC base pairs in metal DNA: dinuclear silver bridges with exceptional stability in double helices with parallel and antiparallel strand orientation by
S. K. Jana, X. Guo, H. Mei and F. Seela, Chem Commun. 2015, 51, 17301.
27. Duplex DNA and DNA−RNA hybrids with parallel strand orientation: 2′-deoxy-2′-fluoroisocytidine, 2′-deoxy-2-fluoroisoguanosine, and canonical nucleosides with
2′-fluoro substituents cause unexpected changes on the double helix stability by
S. A. Ingale, P. Leonard, Q. N. Tran and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2015, 80, 3124.
26. Imidazolo-dC metal-mediated base pairs: purine nucleosides capture two Ag+ ions and form a duplex with the stability of a covalent DNA cross-link by
H. Mei, S. A. Ingale and F. Seela, Chem. Eur. J. 2014, 20, 16248.
25. Silver arrays inside DNA duplexes constructed from Ag+-mediated pyrrolo-dC – pyrrolo-dC base pairs by
H. Mei, H. Yang, I. Röhl and F. Seela, ChemPlusChem, 2014, 914.
24. Oligonucleotides with "clickable" sugar residues: synthesis, duplex stability, and terminal versus central interstrand cross-linking of 2'-O-propargylated 2-aminoadenosine with a bifunctional azide by
S. S. Pujari, P. Leonard and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2014, 79, 4423.
23. High-density functionalization and cross-linking of DNA: "click" and "bis-click" cycloadditions performed on alkynylated oligonucleotides with fluorogenic anthracene azides by
S. S. Pujari, S. A. Ingale and F. Seela, Bioconjugate Chem. 2014, 25, 1855.
22. Ethynyl side chain hydration during synthesis and work-up of “clickable” oligonucleotides: bypassing acetyl group formation by triisopropylsilyl protection by
S. Ingale, H. Mei, P. Leonard and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 9457.
21. Ag+-mediated DNA base pairing: extraordinary stable pyrrolo-dC – pyrrolo-dC pairs binding two silver ions by
H. Mei, I. Röhl and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 9457.
20. Parallel stranded DNA stabilized with internal sugar cross-links: synthesis and click ligation of oligonucleotides containing 2’-propargylated isoguanosine by
S. S. Pujari and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 8545.
19. Stepwise click functionalization of DNA through a bifunctional azide with a chelating and a nonchelating azido group by
S. A. Ingale and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 3394.
18. Construction and assembly of chimeric DNA: oligonucleotide hybrid molecules composed of parallel or antiparallel duplexes and tetrameric i-motifs by
H. Mei, S. Budow and F. Seela, Biomacromolecules, 2012, 13, 4196.
17. A ratiometric fluorescent on-off Zn2+ chemosensor based on a tripropargylamine pyrene azide click adduct by
S. A. Ingale and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2012, 77, 9352.
16. A nucleobase discriminating pyrrolo-dC click adduct designed for DNA fluorescence mismatch
X. Ming and F. Seela, Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 9590.
15. Cross-linked DNA: propargylated ribonucleosides as “click” ligation sites for bifunctional
S. S. Pujari and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2012, 77, 4460.
14. Cross-linked DNA: site selective “click” ligation in duplexes with bis-azides and stability changes caused by internal cross-links by
H. Xiong and F. Seela, Bioconjugate Chem. 2012, 23, 1230.
13. Construction and assembly of branched Y-shaped DNA: “click” chemistry performed on dendronized 8-aza-7-deazaguanine oligonucleotides by
H. Xiong, P. Leonard and F. Seela, Bioconjugate Chem. 2012, 23, 856.
12. Parallel-stranded DNA: enhancing duplex stability by the ‘G-clamp’ and a pyrrolo-dC
X. Ming, P. Ding, P. Leonard, S. Budow and F. Seela, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2012, 10, 1861.
11. 7-Deazapurine and 8-aza-7-deazapurine nucleoside and oligonucleotide pyrene “click” conjugates: synthesis, nucleobase controlled fluorescence quenching and duplex stability by
S. A. Ingale, S. S. Pujari, V. R. Sirivolu, P. Ding, H. Xiong, H. Mei and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2012, 77, 188.
10. Hydrogelation and spontaneous fiber formation of 8-aza-7-deazaadenine nucleoside “click” conjugates by
F. Seela, S. S. Pujari and A. H. Schäfer, Tetrahedron, 2011, 67, 7418.
9. Stepwise “click” chemistry for the template independent construction of a broad variety of cross-linked oligonucleotides: influence of linker length, position and linking number on DNA duplex stability by
H. Xiong and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2011, 76, 5584.
8. 7-Deazapurine (pyrrolo[2,3-d]pyrimidine) 2'-deoxyribonucleosides: syntheses and transformations by
F. Seela, S. Budow and X. Peng, Curr. Org. Chem. 2012, 16, 161.
7. DNA gold nanoparticle conjugates incorporating thiooxonucleosides: 7-deaza-6-thio-2’-deoxyguanosine as gold surface anchor by
F. Seela, P. Ding and S. Budow, Bioconjugate Chem. 2011, 22, 794.
6. Cross-linked DNA generated by “bis-click” reactions with bis-functional azides: site independent ligation of oligonucleotides via nucleobase alkynyl chains by
S. S. Pujari, H. Xiong and F. Seela, J. Org. Chem. 2010, 75, 8693.
5. Site-directed spin labeling of DNA by the azide-alkyne ‘click’ reaction: nanometer distance measurements on 7-deaza-2’-deoxyadenosine and 2’-deoxyuridine nitroxide conjugates spatially separated or linked to a ‘dA-dT’ base pair by
P. Ding, D. Wunnicke, H.-J. Steinhoff and F. Seela, Chem. Eur. J. 2010, 16, 14385.
4. Triplexes with 8-aza-2’-deoxyisoguanosine replacing protonated dC: probing third strand stability with a fluorescent nucleobase targeting duplex DNA by
F. Seela, D. Jiang and S. Budow, ChemBioChem, 2010, 11, 1443.
3. Oligonucleotide duplexes and multi-strand assemblies with 8-aza-2’-deoxyisoguanosine: a fluorescent isoGd shape mimic expanding the genetic alphabet and forming ionophores by
D. Jiang and F. Seela, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 4016.
2. “Double click” reaction on 7-deazaguanine DNA: synthesis and excimer fluorescence of nucleosides and oligonucleotides with branched side chains decorated with proximal pyrenes by
F. Seela and S. Ingale, J. Org. Chem. 2010, 75, 284.
1. Oligonucleotides forming an i-motif: the pH-dependent assembly of individual strands and branched structures containing 2’-deoxy-5-propynylcytidine by
F. Seela, S. Budow and P. Leonard, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2007, 5, 1858.